Snow, slush, salt, and mud shouldn’t keep you from wearing your favorite pair of leather boots. Yet, many people are made weary by having experienced winters that leave their boots dry and cracked. Oftentimes leather products are sold unprotected and leave the material susceptible to the elements. De-icing salts and water absorption act ruthlessly on unprotected leather leaving irreversible damage.
The key to preparing your boots for winter is a liberal application of Bickmore Heavy Duty Leather Preservative (Bick LP).
- If preserving leather boots that have already been worn, you will see the best results by first cleaning them with Bick 1 and then conditioning with Bick 4.
- Starting with dry boots, liberally and evenly apply Bick LP. If desired, gently warm Bick LP with a hand dryer for easier application and absorption.
- Work Bick LP into the leather fiber by hand.
- Be sure to work Bick LP into any seams to provide stitching with extra protection.
- Allow Bick LP to absorb into the leather for 5 minutes.
- If desired, repeat the process for maximum protection.
Bickmore Heavy Duty Leather Preservative will leave your boots ready for any job in even the most trying conditions. Regular application of Bickmore Heavy Duty Leather Preservative will extend the life of your favorite boots dramatically.